Our goal is to build public awareness about the many advantages of cooking with seasonal, locally grown food. We seek to encourage People to not only cook more frequently at home, but also to adapt a style of cooking that benefits themselves, their communities and our planet.
Our educational efforts will focus on demonstrating the following:
- The importance of good ingredients and quality cookware to preparing delicious food with success.
- The mental and physical health benefits of slowing down to cook and enjoy a simple meal alone, or with family or friends
- The health benefits of eating food that is fresh, seasonal and minimally processed.
- The benefits of buying local and sustainably produced food to local economies and the environment.
- The progressive work of national nonprofit organizations, as well as acclaimed restaurant chefs, cookbook authors and other culinary leaders who support the sustainable food movement.