This Caprese Chicken recipe has it all - juicy chicken that's full of flavor, melty cheese, sweet tomatoes and a tangy balsamic glaze. All in under twenty minutes! This is your ideal summer dish that cooks up with a quickness. Serve with buttery noodles and a simple salad for a satisfying meal.
- For the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound or 4 pieces chicken breast, thin-sliced, boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 1 ounce slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, chiffonaded
- For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large Anolon Advanced Home Skillet over medium heat.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, then season with Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt and smoked paprika. Add to heated skillet and brown the chicken, about 2 minutes each side.
- Add one slice of Mozzarella on top of each piece of chicken, then place in the preheated oven to cook for 8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the balsamic vinegar, spicy brown mustard and ½ teaspoon pepper in an Anolon Advanced Home Saucepan over medium heat. Allow the sauce to thicken, bringing just to a boil, then removing from heat.
- Add the cut grape tomatoes to the skillet in the oven, cooking for an additional two minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the tomatoes on top. Drizzle the thickened balsamic vinegar glaze. Top with chiffonade basil leaves, serve immediately.