The word "parfait" means "perfect" in French, and it describes this dessert well. With layers of cheesecake, finely crumbled chocolate wafer cookies and cherry compote, it's an irresistible way to finish off your meal.
- 4 cups Frozen unsweetened cherries, thawed
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz Light cream cheese
- 1 cup Light sour cream
- 1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar
- 10 Chocolate wafer cookies, finely crumbled
- Combine the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until thickened. Cool.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer or food processor to combine the vanilla, cream cheese and sour cream. With the machine running, slowly mix in the confectioners sugar.
- To assemble: fill each of four large wine goblets or parfait glasses with the layers, starting with a spoonful of the cheese mixture, then crumbs, followed by a layer of the cherries. Continue the pattern, using the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or make up to a day in advance.