This healthier version of the classic Italian restaurant dish of lemony chicken or veal makes an elegant weeknight meal – or a great dish to serve company.
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 lb Boneless chicken breasts , pounded to even thickness
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Capers
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a plate. Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high. Add chicken, and cook 5-6 minutes or until golden on the underside. A meat thermometer stuck horizontally in the center should register 160°F. Remove from pan.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the skillet, scraping any bits off the bottom of the pan. Cook, stirring, 3 minutes, or until liquid becomes syrupy. Remove from heat and stir in butter, allowing it to completely melt. Stir in capers.
- Serve chicken with sauce and capers spooned over the top.