Zabaglione is a light, foamy, custard-like dessert served hot or chilled, depending on preference. Top-off with marinated strawberries and chocolate shavings for a delicious presentation.
- 1 cup Sweet Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 4 oz Semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 Egg yolks
- 8 tbsp Sugar
- In a bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the Marsala wine and 1/4 cup sugar. Add the strawberries and mix well. Let marinate for at least half an hour. In a small saucepan, melt the cream and chocolate over low heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the top of a double-boiler, whisk the egg yolks and 8 tablespoons sugar to a creamy consistency, beating well for about 4 to 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the egg mixture, or you will make sweet scrambled eggs. Remove from the heat and add the remaining Marsala wine. Bring the pan back over the heat and continue to whisk until the egg mixture almost doubles in size, 3 to 5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat. Add the melted chocolate cream to the egg mixture and continue to whip it with the whisk.
- Divide the marinated strawberries among six to eight serving bowls, top with the Chocolate Zabaglione, and decorate with the optional sweetened whipped cream and grated chocolate, if you like.