An easy, no-fuss, make-ahead crumbly stuffing loaded with so many amazing flavors and a kick of heat that the whole family will go crazy for! It’s so good, you’ll want to make this every single year!
- 1/2 cup chorizo
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cups jalapeno cornbread, homemade or store-bought, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chorizo as it cooks. Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have browned, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in cornbread, cilantro and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add cornbread mixture to prepared baking dish. Place into oven and bake until heated through and lightly browned on top, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.