For a show-stopping entrée, go no further than this standing rib roast.
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 (4 rib) Standing rib roast , 8-9 pounds, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the oil, mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture over rib roast and set roast in a large roasting pan; let stand 30 minutes.
- Set roasting pan in center of the oven. Roast beef until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 125°F-130°F for medium rare, 2 hours-2 hours 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil; let stand 20 minutes before slicing.