Everything you love about your favorite Mexican breakfast—or lunch, brunch, or dinner!—in a cozy, comforting bowl.
- 3 16-ounce cans pinto beans
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 avocados, sliced
- small fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- tortilla chips, for serving
- hot sauce, for serving
- In a small Anolon Advanced Umber Saucepan, warm the beans and chiles (with their liquids), along with the chili powder, coriander, and cumin. Add salt to taste, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- On an Anolon Advanced Umber Double Burner Griddle over two burners on medium-low heat, warm the oil. Gently crack the eggs onto the griddle and cook to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 3. Use a slotted spoon to arrange the bean mixture in bowls. Arrange the eggs on top, along with the avocados, cheese, salsa, and scallions. Garnish with the cilantro and a few tortilla chips. Serve with hot sauce and additional chips on the side.