Plan on making the latkes as soon after you prepare the batter as possible—and no more than 30 minutes ahead of frying. Then, serve them practically right out of the pan—they’ll be at their very best!
- 2 pounds russet potatoes , peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot , grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium onion , grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels.
- Combine potatoes, carrot, zucchini, onion, eggs, flour, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
- Heat both of the oils in an Anolon Tri-Ply Clad Nonstick Skillet over medium-high heat. Working 1 at a time, take a scant 1/3 cup potato mixture and form into a 3-inch diameter latke; repeat. Add 4 latkes to the skillet and cook until golden brown, 4-4 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining 8 latkes. Serve with sour cream.