This simple and healthful dish can be on the table in less than 15 minutes. Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of your tuna steaks, and on how thoroughly you like your tuna cooked.
- 3 navel oranges, peeled, cut between the membranes into segments
- 1 lemon, peeled, cut between the membranes into segments
- 1 lime, peeled, cut between the membranes into segments
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 medium avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (8 ounce) tuna steaks, 1 1/4-inches thick
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Coarsely chop the orange, lemon and lime segments and combine in a medium bowl with the jalapeño, onion, cilantro, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Gently fold in the avocado and reserve.
- Brush the tuna steaks with 1 tablespoon of the oil then season with the coriander, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Brush a Tri-Ply Clad 12-Inch Grill Pan with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium-high until hot. Add the tuna steaks and cook, turning once, 6-8 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the heat and serve with the salsa.