These tasty rolled appetizers can be served as finger food with cocktails or as a first course on a bed of marinara sauce. Either way, the combination of goat cheese and eggplant is a winner.
- 1/2 cup Laura Chenel’s Chef’s Chèvre or Chabis
- 2 Japanese eggplants
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup pesto, (used prepared or your favorite recipe)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into 1/8 “ slices, salt slices and drain for ½ hour, blot dry and brush with olive oil
- Preheat stovetop grill pan or outdoor grill. Lay eggplant slices on hot grill, cook 2-3 minutes or until tender, turning once. Remove from grill and hold at room temperature
- Spread eggplant slices with Laura Chenel’s Chèvre, top with pesto and toasted pine nuts. Roll eggplant slice around filling and secure with a toothpick.